Chap 2 : A Musical Conversation

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

Music has always been my one remedy for whatever mood I am in. I have gorged on almost all genres available since the last 15 years of my 18 year life. From classical, rock to ghazals. I love listening to Beethoven and making my way through traditional Indian classical in inspiration. But I never dreamt of finding a single person having the exact same taste as mine. Not in music for sure.
So this story started as I sat in my first class at Julliard and in a concoction of people from diverse backgrounds I can easily point out that the guy sitting in the front row extreme right was of Indian decent. He saw me as well maybe because of my lustrous long hairs which flowed till my hips. This went on for two weeks until one day we were made to randomly introduce our self in front of Prof. K.L Radhakrishna who was a Julliard alumnus and was one of the finest Sitar players of all time. He was going to teach us the intricacies of playing complex yet similar instruments.
So his name was Aditya and he was a Canadian unlike his parents who hailed from India. So he was by default an Indian not quite intuitive from his accent at the most. He was there on a merit scholarship like me and played the piano in supervision of Mr. Ghost one of the premier faculties ever known.
After some 16 odd students my turn came and I told them about my Indian history and how I was too proud to be from a land of rich culture and musical heritage thought not professing my being an Indian in front of an Indian(Mr Radhakrishna) :). Also pointing out that I was playing the violin since I was 5, which make everyone in the room stare at me in disbelief as it wasn’t feasible for a 5 year old to even hold such a delicate instrument. So after some of my boring ideologies I sat down; gathering unwanted attention from Aditya. So the next day before class he sat next to where I was sitting and tried starting a conversation. I was quite excited at a young and handsome guy that too interested in music wanting to talk to me but I didn’t show any concern.

Him : So where in India are you from?

Me: I am from Kerala and you ?

Him : My parents are from Punjab but i was born in Canada.

Me: Okay... So are you practicing any symphony these days ?

Him: Yeah I practice daily from 4-7am in the "Beast Hall" . Have you ever been there ?

So that’s how we struck a chord over music at our very first meeting. Stay tuned for more…









No comments :

Post a Comment

This post is incomplete without your comment. I Would Love to Hear what You Think ! ✿

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...