Dear Diary - A Short Story

Dear Diary - 16th January 2010, 4 am
"One Learns from oneself the most in life" And in today's hectic life , solitude is a rare way to pensively vent out one's thought. I love my solitude and have my private moments at times. I just love to have a book beside me and enrage in my deep thoughts, contemplating on the characters or something else. 



Courtesy : visualphotos.com


She was just about to close her Diary but opened it taking a new page as if describing her worries on a fresh new leaf. She had a I-really-want-to-know-the-truth grin and a twitched eyebrow could have made it clear for anyone to picture that she was gravely tensed.


Dear Diary - 16th January 2010, 4:30 am
Do you think I did the right thing by leaving Ishaan? I should have given him a chance to explain things, but I was convinced he would only lie to me about his stint with Aiyeshaa. 
I trusted him with all my heart but when Rajan told me that Ishaan was double dating me and Aiyeshaa, I was flabbergasted at my ignorance.
I know in love you need to trust the one with whom you are sharing every bit of your emotions but is trusting and still not completely having faith the right mix for a desired emotional connect ?

She contemplated for about an hour before shutting the diary and tucking it under her mattress.

For the last 10 days everyone in the library seemed to take notice of a girl who was stuck from Morning 6:30 to evening till 8 in an isolated corner, either engrossed deeply in a book or staring at the table in front of her with a face that wanted to know- what Life is. She was always a miss during her lectures.

Mr. Banerjee threw the chalk right in the air landing exactly on Raima's head. "Yes ! YOU miss Ghosh. Could you please decode the last stanza of The Vile for us."

Raima was a aghast with the gesture and stood up in accordance to show some not so fervent respect to Mr. Banerjee- her English teacher.

She fumbled, merely speaking. At last, she went out at the pretext of not being well for the past couple of days. With a cough just to make it seem real altogether. With Mr. Banerjee, used to such excuses, she was allowed.
She reached home at around 3 in the afternoon and frantically pulled out her diary from under the mattress.


Dear Diary - 28th January, 3:05 pm

I can't let him go, just like that. I want him to at least express the reason of him not being loyal to me. I can't let go off those crazy encounters with Ishaan, those lovely memories lay in my head and keep dancing with a sad face. I just want him back, but How ? 



Raima lay asleep , her Diary open , her socks on the pillow, her ink pen leaking on the floral bedsheet . Just as the pen was about to make a thick black rim on the mattress lower end , the doorbell rang.


Raima woke up, went straight to the door. She saw Ishaan standing with a bouquet of roses , trying to follow his gesture with a meek smile.

"Raima", I am sorry. But can you please give me a chance to explain.

Raima couldn't believe her eyes. Was she dreaming !

"Here! These are for you." Ishaan responded.
"Give it to that Bitch....Whom you  kissed so passionately, in front of the whole school" Raima rebuked. She had a firm warning in her voice
"I thought you would give me a chance before accusing me of something so grave."

Without Raima interrupting, Ishaan spoke hastily.

"Let me finish first". He knew Raima was behind him in all anger
"I was not cheating on you. Aiyeshaa was blackmailing me from quite sometime now. She liked me and wanted me to break off with you and make her my girlfriend.
But I was too stern on my part. I said a clear NO. "
She Photo-shoped a picture of us , it clearly appeared that we were kissing and hence the entire school was forced to believe something that was just a rumor and had no reality in it"
Ishaan paused for breath. He started again with a zeal to make his love convince and make her believe that he was the same Ishaan who was head over heels in love with her for the past 4 years.

"I thought you loved me Raima. I thought you would listen to me once. I thought we had the power to fight all odds and judge a situation without settling for the viewpoint of both our hearts put together."
"But you failed me, Raima"

Raima was speechless. She muttered
"But why did you leave me so abruptly. You should have called me. Or come here like you did today". Her voice echoed the disgust at her own self and the love she had for Ishaan.

"I am sorry, but the way you looked at me that day, standing through the hallway,made me realize that we need to part in order to understand each other's worth." He sighed.

"I love you from the core of my heart, deepest of my thoughts, with all vulnerability and strength"
He smiled as she gestured him to sit down

He held her hands in his. She was about to let go but the grip was firm. She sat next to him.

"Raima , I owe you my everything. But believe me. I thought a lot in the past 13 days, it made me realize how much you mean to me, But the way your trust broke held me in an angst that I never knew existed. I was numb from that moment.
I thought that it would get over with time, but the fear of loosing you helped me get in tune with my true self"

"I gathered in the solitude that it's you that I want to spend the rest of my life with and no one else"
Ishaan took out a copy of the photo that held the entire school by storm and marked the tweaked pictures with a red marker. With a closer look Raima could evidently make out that it was not a real click.

"I love you too..."
She ran to her room bringing her diary in the living room and showed Ishaan what she wrote just an hour ago.
He was about to flip the pages when she grabbed the diary from the edge and closed it. Smiling she said... "After marriage, You can read my Diary". She said with a tone full of admiration, love, essence, authenticity , figuring out how her love won.

She hurriedly said.
"You should leave, Maa might come here any moment."

He tip toed form the living room and waved to her once he reached to face the turn on the lane.

Solitude is bliss indeed. I would have never known the essence , the power of my love if the incident and the series of events had not taken an ugly shape. He gleamed with a smile.


This post is part of IndiSpire # Solitude at Indiblogger







5 comments :

  1. Very well written Tanya..keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a heart warming love story you have weaved Tanya..completely enjoyed reading it. Loved your blog and happy to have found it.

    Following you on GFC now:))

    You can fine me at www.indiangirlamericanworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Coveted Dreams Sonal. Thanks for going past the story. Glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Tanya. This story seemed straight out of school time puppy love period. Glad to meet you via Indiblogger. See you around.

    Best Wishes from Bangalore.
    http://sinhasat302.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it dear :) Welcome to Coveted Dreams :)

      Delete

This post is incomplete without your comment. I Would Love to Hear what You Think ! ✿

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...