Piggy Bank


In that pink little treasure I owe, 
the tingling coins that bestows
a surprise when it broke
I loved to save each penny
to buy chocolates and dresses one day
thinking I would be rich surrounded by all toys in a tray

I garbled across mother and father
to spare those currency notes
but trivial coins of distinct value is what were rolled !!

I still tried with those uncles & aunts to gift a penny or two
but this time too their were cents a few
they strike the roof & walls just to resonate the clatter through

The box was my cherished possession 
dreams woven around the money that would be added to a million and some more
I waited for the day when it would be the right time to smash and fray
with the bugs that were there 
a process of hard work and sweat

a feeling I swear , full of innocent emotions
but it got lost somewhere
I searched for it every where
up on antic and down in the store
but in vain it had left me fully rotten and ignored
I cried all day and weeped at night
still their was no single trace of the corps
that parted from me without bidding goodbye.




7 comments :

  1. yes we have lost that innocence, though I can feel, when I was with some childrens arrround me, but it doesn't stay long... thanks for giving such feel friend...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really transported me back in time ... superbly written !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi tanya,

    What a cute piggy bank. Lovely poem about memories from childhood.
    Do you still have a piggy bank or has it morphed into the savings bank account??? :)
    Keep up the good work

    Regards

    Jay
    http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. superb write! That's so innocent! It made me emotional! My daughters owns two and is quite possessive about them. It is not about money, it is all about innocent dreams that take wings with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb yaar.. You made me nostalgic! Though I never had any fascination for my gullak but this poem reminded me of my days when I was a kid.

    You are very good at poems. Beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like you have concealed your childhood in your precious little piggy bank... But let me tell you a secret. even though piggy banks get lost in the attic, they never really disappear, you just need to look every place till you find it. Its not easy and that's why most people give up and decide to grow up. But one always has a choice - you can keep searching till you find it because that is the only way you will treasure it even more than you treasured it ever...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am extremely impгesseԁ with уοur writing sκills as well as with the lаyout on your
    blog. Iѕ this a ρaid theme οr did you modify
    it уоurself? Anyway keеρ up the nice quality writing, it is rarе to see a nice blοg like this
    οne thеse days.

    mу ωeb page: click the following page

    ReplyDelete

This post is incomplete without your comment. I Would Love to Hear what You Think ! ✿

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...