Love @ 7

                         This Story has been published at Your Story Club, here. Check out the link !


"How much for the potatoes Bhaiya?" a feminine voice asked.
Mayank looked back & saw a stunningly beautiful girl buying groceries.
His mother had send him to buy veggies from the market much to his disgust , but at last he agreed.
20 Rs for a kg.
"Weigh 2 kgs please" came the reply
She took the bags & went her way across the street to the left.

Mayank thoughts were disrupted when the vegetable seller asked "How many kgs should I pack?"
After which Mayank hesitatingly ran following the girl, but she was no where to be found, at which Mayank felt  disturbed & couldn't sleep the whole night. His mind muttered the same words more than a hundred times, remembering the beautiful eyes, the accentuated lips, lovely fair skin of the angel in disguise.

"Shits !! Where am I gonna find her now?"
Mayank worked as an assistant manager at a leading bank & he usually reached home by 8, but since it was a Saturday he was home at 5 & much to his disgust he had to go to buy veggies, but it soon turned out to be a blissful memory of an angel direct from heaven in the market at 7.

The day went in a jiffy, but he did not forget the sweet voice even for a fraction of a second. At 6:45 he dressed perfectly unlike his usual track suit, he wore a nice shirt & jeans, ready to get another glimpse of the cute lady.

He went to the same spot where he first saw her & stood close to the vegetable seller pretending to analyse the veggies  as if he found treasured gold antics with minute detailing. He waited till 8:30 & the seller was ridiculed like hell. "What do you want Sir?"
"I will tell you in a while"
"How long will it take?"
"I will tell you in a while" ;)

He waited for half & hour more & at last said, "pack me a kilo please", to which the seller replied "Here is the packet, you please leave I don't need the money."

Monday went with usual office chores he asked permission from the manager to leave early, to which the manager agreed. Back at home, he got ready again in hope that he will see his angel again, he reached the market at sharp 7 & Voila here she was, looking pretty as ever, much to his delight.

She stood near the fruit seller, bargaining in her mesmerizing voice laden with sedatives (that's what it seemed to Mayank).
He kept staring at her, when she began to walk his way it was noticed that the guy was not safe to be around. Which nice girl would feel comfortable at someone gazing so deeply at her?

She made a face & began to leave, a week passed & the same routine followed. By now the girl liked Mayank, the way he dressed up was sauve & sophisticated & now Mayank had calmed down a bit, as in he knew that he must not reveal his interest so damn clearly making the girl uncomfortable...

Both stared from time to time, when he stared she looked in the opposite direction biting her red lips beautifully, when she looked back, Mayank looked down but they both knew they wanted each other's attention.

A month passed & still no improvement from both the sides were made, no initiatives were taken & they were shy like hell. Both sober, polite & had awesome personalities yet they feared rejection (everybody in love get chills down the spine when it's time to express there feelings, Right?)

At last after 6 months Mayank got the courage & followed her till the end of the street, she knew she was being followed but she wanted him to make the first move.
"Excuse Me"
"Yes" she stopped.
"Can I please know your name?"
"Ananya"
"I want to tell you something, girl"
"What is it?"
"I come to the market everyday at 7 just to get a glimpse of yours, I am Mayank & I am not a loafer by any means". "I think I have fallen for you, I love everything you do, I know you live at Rose Apartments, 6th floor & I would really like to know you better"
"I know you come there just for me, I noticed the constant staring some 6 months back, I would like to confess - sometimes I don't buy any veggies still I come just to get a glance" she said shyly.
"How can you be so sure that you love me?, you hardly know anything about me? Maybe after knowing me you would not like me anymore? Ananya asked.

"Even after knowing everything I am sure I would love you even more, there's something that attracts me towards you & I am sure its not only your beauty but the inner soul"

"What if I told you I am a Widow" she said.
Mayank was speechless, "What?"
"Yes, I know I should not have acted in such a manner but my husband died after a week & my in-laws say I bring bad-luck, I am not a well educated girl & my religion would not allow me to date another man", I have to live with my destiny no matter what!
"Can't you fight against the customs for our love..." "Oh! I am sorry, you don't even love me, right?"
"I don't know, but in those 15 minutes in your strange company I feel as if I am free of all the boundations,  society had imposed on my heart, I am not allowed to love, I am sorry"
And she began walking her way, tears flowing down here cheeks.

"Wait", Mayank screamed.
"Please leave me alone , if anyone saw you with me, I will have to face dire circumstances", she sighed.
"Love is not about letting your lover go, Ananya, just tell me you love me or not?"
"I don't know, Mayank but you deserved better than me, go and find some one who can give her love to you" with these words she left. It was the last that they saw each other
The next morning Mayank went to her apartment but the guard told him that Ananya left at 4 in the morning.


It's been 8 years since the last conversation they shared, Mayank has a 6 year old son & a lovely wife but he will never forget the 6 months of constant staring at 7 when he was a bachelor. Maybe his love would be like this forever, constant, secret somewhere deep in the heart not letting any one know how much he missed her after these 8 deadly years....

Image Source:  flickr.com


30 comments :

  1. Tani Dear,

    The most exciting about this post is its title :) Cute! wherever I read my lucky 7 I go mad! and the same thing happened :D

    What if I sing ''aankhon hi aankhon mein ishara ho gaya, baithe baithe jeene ka sahara ho gaya..aankhon hi aankhon mein'' ;) LOL

    Lovely story! Something I could relate to A.R Rehman's words ''Jahaan mohobbat hai wahan dard hai''.

    Waiting to read many more sweet stories from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so happy that you liked it buddy :) Now, I know your lucky no. is 7 :D I loved the songs that you added to the mood of the story :) So glad that you liked the story my dear. Take care!

      Delete
  2. Quite some story. The best part is, it's realistic and doesn't get too mushy and over the top! :)

    PS- I admit I read the story because a name struck with me. :P
    PPS- At first I thought it's a story about 'love at 7 (years old)' ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I didn't disappoint you with the story Ashna :D It was just the time that stuck with me when I was thinking of the title. Hope you liked it dear :) Take care!

      Delete
  3. :)... ur posts always bring a smile to my face...!!dis was just a simple story..no honka ponka..!beautiful...touching...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to have received such a lovely comment Sakhi. I am glad the post made you happy dear. Thanks, take care!

      Delete
  4. Lovely story Tanya. It is quite true that due to the orthodox society in India and customs and traditions, many love stories die a slow and painful death each day. Very sad but quite true. It's upto the younger new generation which can bring a turnaround to mentality of people in India.
    Nice post. Keep it up.

    Regards

    Jay
    http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nicely said Jay. Its depends a lot on the new generation to change the mentality & trend-settings of the old minds out there. Love with guts is the real love, you ought to fight because falling in love & confessing is one of the most courageous things. :) Thanks a lot for the deep & insightful comment. Thanks buddy :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome Tanya :)
      Keep the fire of change alive in you :)

      Regards

      Jay
      http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

      Delete
    3. So kind of you to have said that. You made my day by referring the story as an advent of change. Thanks a ton friend :) Take care!

      Delete
  5. Whoa!!! A wonderful post and the best part about the story is that, it does connect!!! It was very refreshing! But I am not sure though if there is any word called "boundation"... Otherwise, I loved everything about it, the humor with the grocer who would just like to get rid of Mayank and doesn't even wanna get paid... But there's one little criticism if you can pardon my sense of fussiness - you could have introduced Mayank's marriage in a different way in the end for instance, "...She didn't show up ever but he kept visiting the same spot for weeks just to have another glimpse and another conversation. One evening he came to the usual spot but suddenly, his cell phone started to ring. It was , his wife"... or something... :) ... but its immaterial even if you don't do it this way. It varies from person to person. The story is wonderful because it is so honestly delivered :) ... lovely read...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pretty nice comment from a master story teller, thanks a lot Samik. ACtually I am not that cool at carving events but i learning from bloggers like you friend :) Glad you liked it even it's a wee bit :) Thanks a lot for dropping by & giving a read. Take care!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks a lot friend for liking the story, :) Take care!

      Delete
  7. Nice story. Widowhood is a curse in our society. It's painful to see how young ladies have to suffer the loneliness for the whole of their life! You pointed it out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to "Coveted Dreams" Diwakar.
      You said it right we really need to change the mind-set on a lot of issues but my prime concern was to bring to light the love among two hearts even if was against the routines customs of our society :) Thanks for liking it. :) Keep visiting

      Delete
  8. It's always a pleasure to read your stories. You know why? Because they are laden with sugary cuteness. This shows how sweet a person you are, that you can weave up such beautiful tales of love.

    The title was really eye catching. The love among the protagonists was so simple and yet divine. Every love story doesn't need to have a predictable end, and you proved it brilliantly. What I liked most was the honesty in these words. It felt as if this wasn't a fictional story, but a real event being narrated to me by a friend.

    Keep smiling and keep writing. It's always a pleasure reading your words :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you to say that Amrit :) I never thought I my writings are cute but I am feeling so good after hearing this, I am glad you thought the story being a real event. :)
      I will keep smiling as long as you keep commenting friend, thanks a lot! Happy Writing ! :)

      Delete
  9. That's sad...Sometimes Our society is so cruel... I have no words to express that how much I am touched by the story...I just pray "Aye khuda pyaar kisi ka adhoora na ho..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its one of the best appreciation a writer can get my dear Ayushi, I am glad it touched your heart :) So cute of you to make the last statement, I wish the same dear :D Take care!

      Delete
  10. hey dear... I was not around the blog-o-sphere...for quite sometime...

    It was really emotional and YES our society is still IN DARK..and after 7 and it has not come to the dawn...

    really a good attempt in conveying the societal issue...

    Wish you to write MUCH more...

    Hugs....dear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for appreciation it Madhavi, its your comment I look forward to always :) I loved the second line you said.
      A big hug to you
      Take care!

      Delete
  11. First thing first.. I loved the title :)

    Its a simple story beautifully narrated by you. I specially loved the Mayank and sabjiwala conversation wala part. It was really good. Coming to post, it is disheartening sometime to see how orthodox is our society. You have brought light on one of the evil issues of our society through the story. Good work.. Keep moving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really disgusting to see the mentality of the society. We need to get rid of the harsh realities women at large have to live with, it's crossing a phase of revolution somehow but maybe a full transformation is what we are waiting for. Thanks! a lot for liking the story Prasoon :)

      Delete
  12. I loved this one so much!! You know why?? Because it didn't have a happy and perfect ending. that is what made it feel so real and lifelike. I really loved how you captured those small innocent moments in love. Looking forward to more such sweet tales :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially while writing the story I wanted to end it happily but later on something else crossed my mind & I ended the story like this. Thanks a lot for the kind words dear Swarnali :) Take care!

      Delete
  13. Hey....very good post... I like the way you have expressed the small, minute details of love!...But I too was taken aback when I found out she was a widow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! It shocked you too :D Hehe I am happy to hear that because it means the story left you to engrossed :) Thanks! Take care Akash

      Delete
  14. hey i m new to ur blog.. lovely peace of writing..sweet and simple...just loved it Tanya....

    ReplyDelete

This post is incomplete without your comment. I Would Love to Hear what You Think ! ✿

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...