It Creeps In, when you least Expect !

                         The Story is published at yourstoryclub.com by me. Click here

"I got married at 12, it was a feeling full of drudgery & disgust. Which girl would love leaving her friends, the so called school & parents at an age when playing in mud makes you delightful ! " She sighed

"Did you ever fall in love with Granpa then? " The petite girl asked

Source

"I hated him at first because I wanted to study, become a teacher but destiny had provided me with this gloomy existence, my mind dwelt in remorse. I wanted to go back in my own hut ,where I belonged among my three sibling sisters, I wanted to cry but I was not allowed too. "

"So what happened? how come you liked grandpa then, since your life seemed to be surrounded with a cryptic sense, was it worth it or you still regret it?"  Nandini asked with the keenest scrutiny in her eyes.

"It seems my little girl had grown up, asking me such deep questions, haan ! Nandini?"

Nandini blushed & said shyly "Don't change the topic Amma, please tell me when did you started loving grandpa? Did he made you fall in love with him, what drew the two of you close, please share it with me, I won't tell it to anyone. It would be a secret with us, I promise!"

With complacent emotions the old lady rose & from the wardrobe took an old white notebook...

"Your grandpa gave this to me, when I was 13 & the more he wanted to talk to me the more I resisted, but over time he learned about my dreams & aspirations and handing me this book" asked:

"Can I be a part of your dreams, I would be by your side no matter what, I would be your strength, be your friend whenever you need me, just talk to me, he pleaded. Pour your heart out, I am yours in every sense, won't ditch you I promise..."

Tears flowed down through my eyes into his palms & I smiled.

"I want to study, I want to be a teacher ; Will you allow me?" I asked with questioning eyes

Yes, came the reply and he embraced me in a warm hug. "I can't tell you how happy I was, being in his arms, it was more blissful than hearing the Yes" :)

"Wow!! Granpa was so cool, I respect him for his stand. Tell me more, what happened next?" Nandini asked pondering over what Amma just told her, she wanted to hear the full tale of love & trust ,her grandparents lived in a time where the situation was submissive like hell.

"As he gave me his words, he was always by my side, along with his boards preparation he taught me everything I wanted to know, he arranged books from friends & bought notebooks so I could practice. He was my best friend now, we shared our dreams, he wanted to be an engineer much to the opposition of his parents(my in-laws). We had a 6 year gap but it never hindered the joys we had, cracking jokes, understanding each others need, everything now was a part of our so called married life ; which was more than just a happy & delightful experience we both shared."

His boards results were out and he topped the district, the only boy who secured a distinction in every subject. His parents were happy, as they thought he would not crib about studying any more and look after the family textile business. But, I knew he wanted to study further but did not had the guts to reveal what his mind craved for.
6 months passed without any progress & he still could not muster enough courage to bring out what he wanted to do, frustrated like hell he came late in the evening from the boring job & slept. I knew what was happening; was bad but couldn't do anything, one night he came to me and asked: You need some help?

I said "yes, but I will manage, you please take some sleep! "
"No I want to help my dear, he helped me solve the arithmetic sum that I was stuck with"
"Thanks! I said" to which he kissed me on the cheek. "I love you" came the reply
"I want to ask something?" he said
"I was about to faint, as it was the first kiss we had shared after 3 years of married life"
"What?" I asked in a hushed tone
"Will you run with me to Banaras..."

There was a pin-drop silence in the room, I think I would have fainted completely if he would have not hold me asking me again...
"Why?" I asked
"I would study there in an engineering college, they have accepted my application & I have applied for a job as a tutor, we could easily live there and make our dreams come true!"
"What do you think, my wife" he said mockingly...
I don't know till date why I said "YES" but we both laughed and planned everything in a lovely mood. We both were going to be free from all the bounds we were living in, we would achieve everything we desired , but above all it was the happiness of being with each other. I was happy because at times I prayed for not letting him go because we would be away for so long. I was scared of loosing him but now we were together-  facing life, making all its plight turned into moments of pleasure we now rejoice.
It was our love which transformed the nadir into a zenith...

                                                            
                                                        Continued Here





30 comments :

  1. Nice write up waiting for next chapter

    "Google Code Subversion Repository"

    above message from http://bloggerblogwidgets.googlecode.com interrupted reading if you can plz remove this from you blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Always Lucky, hey I have also come across the problem don't know how to remove it... Maybe its through mobile that the restriction arise.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Jahid. Welcome to "Coveted Dreams", keep visiting :D

      Delete
  3. Sweet! I want to know what happened next! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it Ashna, I would be writing the next part soon :)

      Delete
  4. super cute....anxious to read the next part :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely story! You can really capture the reader's attention! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely comment from a master poet like you Anders. Glad you came here. Take care! Keep visiting

      Delete
  6. Lovely! Love and romance seem to be your forte :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is Diwakar, I am hopelessly romantic :)Thanks! a lot for reading friend :)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful writeup. .really loved it. .Waiting for the next part...
    rgds,
    Renju
    www.renju-baby.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to "Coveted Dreams" Renju :) I am happy that you liked the story dear! Keep Visiting

      Delete
  8. Such a tender story, of things turning positive from a sad beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Sherry, glad you liked the story. Keep Visiting dear !

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Rachit, happy to see you after a long time. :) Take care!

      Delete
  10. enjoyed reading it..waiting for the remaining parts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to "Coveted Dreams" Neha, I would be posting the second part today, stay tuned. :) Take care!

      Delete
  11. I want the second part now! when is it coming out? it's a really heart warming story, did this happen in real life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Antonella, how sweet of you dear. I would post last part today. You made my day with your eagerness dear, I would be happy to post it. Sorry! But this is just fiction dear :)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Welcome to "Coveted Dreams" Dr.Ali. I am glad you liked the tale. Keep Visiting :)

      Delete
  13. Written with much sensitivity and understanding. Loved reading it. Look forward to more...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the way you used the conversations as a backdrop for the plot. This story spans across two different generations, and that's what makes it special. This also shows that love is always present, though in different ways :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the initial idea was to portray the sweet bond between the two generations, I am glad you find the plot interesting & special. Thanks, a lot for reading buddy. :) :)

      Delete
  15. Good story... though sentiment is not my cup of tea :) U seemed to use "&" more in your story ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its a cute story..its just I found the Granma very smart for her age :D .. but I like the narration. Lemme jump over to second part :)

    ReplyDelete

This post is incomplete without your comment. I Would Love to Hear what You Think ! ✿

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...