Are Entrepreneurs Born or Made...


“There is no reason to be hesitant… becoming an entrepreneur is a learning experience.” –Savannah Britt      
                                                                         

Preparing for an MBA is an eye-opener to many things in life. It teaches you to analyse simple situations with a keen eye, turning you to reap benefits even in cases where there are none! Yesterday while browsing my Movie folder I came across "The Social Network" based on the life of Facebook founder "Mark Zuckerberg", I have watched the movie twice but still something in me ,compelled it to watch it for a third time, it's not that I loved the movie but I wanted to introspect on factors pertaining to entrepreneurship. 

With the advent of numerous examples of, people starting up there own ventures with unique & "Cool" ideas, the prevalent nature of Top Business school across the globe is put into question. Can the skill of being a tycoon risking your stamina,finances,belonging - is in born, or it can be studied?? According to a recent study there are wide number of examples where people with this talent , i.e being an entrepreneur are rising so much so that the government, specially the Planning Commission is India is setting up plans to urge more & more individuals to set-up & start furbishing there ideas into business.

“Success comes down to hard work plus passion, over time. If you work really, really hard over a long period of time, it will pay off.” – Stanley Tang

With the people concerned, whether random graduates or small town hero's entering & thinking about starting on there own the question arises. Is the hike because of their aptitude which they develop from early years of their lives irrespective of whether they own a Harvard tag or not for that matter, would they still function as successful business entrepreneurs & would they gain the same popularity they are attracting now?  That may sound to be really controversial on the usual stigma we carry, but truth is that these schools do not teach you to make up a business they just sharpen your skills & talent.

Now the question arises since it's inborn should students stop craving to enter in a big B- school & set up on their own?? What do you think? According to me the answer should be NO! Education never hinders anything it always broaden your perspective in life & does help in one or the other way. The human mind is not bounded by education but hovers over the very fact that it helps the human mind in the right direction which makes us capable to realize our true worth.

Your views are always Welcome! What's your ideologies, share it with us...


20 comments :

  1. It is a good one. These are the things rollon in my mind, when I think about entrepreneurship. I wish I could get a chance to become an enterpreneur... Happy blogging...;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about grabbing an opportunity, I wish you good luck Sasikumar, may you realize this dream of yours. Happy Blogging!

      Delete
  2. Great take on the topic Tanya. I agree that education always makes you learn something, but it should also be delivered in the right way. I do not agree with how we're taught in schools. There aren't many people like you, who'll look for things they can learn out of everything. Some kids get bored and mentally opt out of the learning process unless it's made fun.

    Anyway, to the entrepreneur topic, I agree with you totally. Even if one has inborn qualities, they need to be nourished and groomed in order to use them properly. We do have examples stating otherwise, but not everyone is exceptional. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's true that education here in India, somewhat posea question at the whole sector, what we are taught is nowhere near international standards & kids ofetn do crib about the whole environment. As far as entrepreneurship is concerned I am glad you found my take agreeable :D, to face practical terms only comes after experiencing the actual environment but business schools do prepare you in a better manner. Thanks for your point of view Ashna. :)

      Delete
  3. I believe the skills spirit necessary for being an entrepreneur has to be innate, but going to a good B-School can really polish your skills. Cheers, Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those who are destined to do something big do it in any circumstances. Welcome to "Coveted Dreams" Sushmit. Thanks for your insights :)

      Delete
  4. hmmm...I think business acumen is inborn: prudence, being a good judge of people and opportunities and decisiveness can not be taught. Still the others qualities need to run the business like, communication skills, presentation, knowledge of allied fields, systems knowledge, marketing skills taught at business schools do go a long away in widening the horizon.
    http://beyondwoman.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Meenakshi. All those skills are honed in perfect manner by B-schools as they most likely prepare individuals seeking practical advice from those already in the run :) Welcome to "Coveted Dreams" dear!

      Delete
  5. Schools guide you to grow and prosper in life ... you may be born to be a leader, and you may become a successful one too, but a proper B-School will help you to nurture your skills and polish them perfectly. There can't be an alternative for education after all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup agreed on the statement Amrit :) There was never a & never would be an alternative for education as far as being successful is concerned, or anything in life goes :)

      Delete
  6. When you've got the fire in your belly to make it big, a degree is just another piece of paper. Here you find some smart People who change there life without holding a degree. Smart People

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our this weeks idea match a lot! Right AU?? :) Yup a degree is just a piece of paper but somehow in the long run there are bad times when that degree might prove helpful! There are numerous examples that depict that people are successful even if they did not had a college degree or an MBA. :)

      Delete
    2. The person who knows how to work will always have a JOB
      But the person who think why to work will always bethe BOSS

      Delete
  7. Tanya,

    Given the competitiveness that has crept into the modern system, it has become imperative that management Institutes bestow special classes to master specific subjects and fields....! I guess, it is quite useful...not everyone can be a genius!
    Arghh...you may call me old-fashioned:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Mam, I think I forgot to mentioned this perspective. Not all MBA's are entrepreneurs right but I just wanted to throw light at the very question of is it Inborn or can be instilled! Thanks for your insights Mam, it's great to have people like you drop your opinion. :) Actually I love the old philosophy & try n incorporate in most of the things I do :) :)

      Delete
  8. I totally agree with 'Always unlucky'
    Either you work-hard in order to fulfill your dream or you will find yourself working for some one else's DREAM

    great post Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree manaNmind, but I was just trying to point out that mind of an entrepreneur can not be trained in a B_school, it the inner desperation that make things go round

      Delete
  9. I wouldn't know anything about management studies of MBA, and I definitely don't contradict with the notion that education never hindered any good thing, but I would really like to question the system which are responsible for setting up the pattern based on which we are being educated. Is that up to the mark? Is is even interested in bringing out the best in students?

    Personally, I don't know if I should be anybody to judge, but if anyone asks me, I would say I haven't learnt even 10% of what I was supposed to in my 4 years of Engineering. Soon I will have a degree though. And further, I have given exams based on things I am never going to need in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was an insightful comment Samik, I would like to question that as well. In India especially the private colleges have ruined the entire education sector. They don't tend to care about students, there future the wee bit. Thanks, for pointing that out buddy :) Take care! I understand your condition :)

      Delete
  10. Ahaa, its nice discussion regarding this piece of writing at this place at this blog, I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting
    at this place.

    My web site girokonto schufa

    ReplyDelete

This post is incomplete without your comment. I Would Love to Hear what You Think ! ✿

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...