Swiss Roll....

SWISS ROLL

From My Mother's Kitchen. Simple, easy & delectable :) Hope you all like it... :) On the wish of one of my new fellow  blogger :) Hope she like it...


Makes: 
1 large 400 gms Swiss Roll :)







Ingredients:
3/4 cup refined flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 eggs, separated
3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla essence 
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoon mixed fruit jam
2 teaspoons caster sugar, for dusting (just blend the required quantity in a mixer until it's powdered)

Recipe:
1) Sift the flour together with the baking powder. Beet the egg yolk until it's light in color & gradually mix the sugar, till it becomes creamy.
2) Add the vanilla essence in the egg mixture.
3) Gradually & smoothly add the flour into the egg mixture. Beat the batter until it has a smooth consistency.
4) Now, whip the egg whites with salt until it becomes stiff, but not dry. You need to be patient here & check that the outcome is not dry.
5) Pour the egg whites lightly into the cake batter (the one we prepared in the beginning)
6) Now preheat an oven to 190⁰C Or 375⁰F. Line in a fifteen inch by ten baking tray with greased & thick unglazed paper. This would be available in an departmental store easily :)
7) Spread the batter in the prepared tray & bake for about 12 minutes. While it's still hot, turn the cake out onto a sheet of grease proof paper, sprinkled with castor sugar.
8) For presentation you can cut the hard edges....
9) Last & the most tempting step is spread the cake with jam & carefully roll it up. Wrap the roll in butter paper, cut & serve into slices....


Hope You Enjoy this Delicious Recipe from my Mamma's Kitchen. It's easy & the second time you try it everything will turn about to be perfect.
Comments are Welcome! You can ask any question related to baking & stuff :) Take care

12 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah the final stuff would be exactly like one shown in the picture. ;)

      Delete
  2. It looks yummy and easy to do! I'll try it for sure! Btw I'm following you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thanks so much. Glad you found the recipe easy, it's yummy I guarantee that ;) Thanks for following tc

      Delete
  3. Hi Tanya, returning the love back :). I have no talent in baking, or any cooking in general, but your swiss roll looks so yummy! I'll try this recipe for my family. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment sassy. Glad you visited here :) Tc

      Delete
  4. Tanya it sounds sooo easy! I am definitely trying this one.. I love baking.. and I will let you know..how does mine turn out? :P

    P.S. Did you ever try coconut powder or whipped cream/chocolate cream with it? ;-) .. Oops m such a glutton :D .. this is really tempting..! :)

    Keep the yummy stuff pouring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh wow thanks for such a cool suggestion, I would definitely try it the next time. Thanks for liking the post I would love to hear how you liked it. Thanks a lot dear Megha :)Tc

      Delete
  5. Wow, Tanya, that looks yummy and mouth watering.
    Lovely site you have got here :)
    Liked it :)

    Regards

    Jay
    http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Jay! Glad you liked the cooking stuff here :) Take care

      Delete
  6. I don't get whatever's written in the recipies.... Can I have some? That's all I care about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly love your website.. Excellent colors & theme.

    Did you create this site yourself? Please reply back as I'm hoping to create my very own website and would love to learn where you got this from or just what the theme is named. Thanks!
    Also visit my web blog : gold for cash

    ReplyDelete

This post is incomplete without your comment. I Would Love to Hear what You Think ! ✿

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...