Discovering & Developing



The title is quite confusing but once you have finished with the post you will be able to figure out what worthy words I am going to tell you. Discovering the passion to read is one of the best things you can provide to your mind. Mind is a super-fast crucial tool in the human body and once trained it's an amazing organ God has gifted us. Now, everyone of us need to discover there own interest in reading whether it is a sports magazine or childhood fable you loved. The more you read the more you achieve is the best philosophy a human can develop. :)
Here we are with the second phase "Development". An individual is here on this planet to showcase his/her nature,prove his existence and develop character. Not so shallow words but they hold immense meaning. If you realize the importance you will be surely at the top. For the phenomena of reading one needs to cater to the approach in a much clear and dominant nature. You need to feel the urge to read and that will start when you start reading stuff of your interest. I loved reading mystery novels when in School,later on I discovered a curiosity to gulp down fiction and self-help books(very little though). The vocabulary excited me and hence I landed up developing the urge to read suspense novels,Chicken-soup for soul and The Monk who sold his Ferrari Kinda stuff.

I have inculcated a great desire to read almost all kinds of stuff. The urge to read is immense & I owe thanks to my mother who's an avid reader herself. I could just read on and On for hours :) and still feel passionate to have more stuff. The topics might range from a host of options whether it's Fiction or Non-Fiction. Reading provides me with great levels of fascinations helping me to evolve and become a better person. The list of my favorite compilation is one by "Ruskin Bond". 

The best authors that I really look forward to grab a book  are Paulo Cohelo,Charles Dickens, Sidney Sheldon, Ruskin Bond, R.K Narayan, Enid Blyton, Joan Brady to name a few. 
Reading personifies acceptance,friendship,beauty,bewilderment all at the same time yet in different contexts.

My All Time Favorite 
Books provide you with a host of possibilities in life. You can go to any extent ,even if it's fictitious for any duration you desire. They Elaborate your thinking and takes you to a lovely world of Achievements, Happiness, Sadness ,Loyalty ,Fun. You name it & it's possible. Here is a list of my favorites who provided me a shoulder when I was sad or a helping hand when I needed one... Hope you like them
"Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens

"The Famous Five series" by Enid Blyton

"God on a Harleyby Joan Brady

"Daddy's Girl" by Lisa Scottoline

 "The Alchemist"&"The Aleph" by Paulo Cohelo
"The Guest of Honour" by Irving Wallace

"Children Omnibusby Ruskin Bond

"Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" by Robert M. Prisig


That was my discovery and further rise in interest. Have you discovered yours? Do pour in your stories and comments..... 



6 comments :

  1. G'day, from another soul who loves to read. I feel like I learn so much and "experience" (albeit vicariously) so much through books. I recently posted this ion my Facebook writer's page:
    I've only read 6 five star (top rating on Goodreads) books in five years...

    Perry Angel's Suitcase by Glenda Millard
    The Exiles (The Australians Vol. 1) by William Stuart Long
    The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
    The Settlers (The Australians vol.2) by William Stuart Long
    Wolf of the Plains by Conn Iggulden
    The Boy in Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

    Have you a read a 5 star book recently?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh such a lovely comment, thanks Mr. Cairns :) Yeah I did read "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. Loved the book. The books you mentioned are really popular. Thanks for dropping your comment :) Really appreciate your time.

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you ... reading is an important part of our development ... I love novels .... If I have to choose my favorites, here they are:

    1) The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)
    2) If Tomorrow Comes (Sidney Sheldon)
    3) Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)
    4) Digital Fortress (Dan Brown)
    5) Love Story (Erich Segal)
    6) The Great Indian Novel (Shashi Tharoor)

    There are many more that have moved me in different ways .... thanks for sharing your list with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh Yes, I simply Love your number 1) & 5) spots. The books are just wonderful to the core. They have also helped me evolve as a person in a unique way. Thanks for sharing your list :)

      Delete
  3. I love to read, I don't have near enough time.... My favorite author is Sidney Sheldon and Mary Higgins Clark... My favorite book of all time is 'The Mirror'. Books are incredible;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh lovely! Yes Sidney Sheldon is an amazing author, i just love all the suspense he creates :) The Mirror is simply an irresistible read once you start. Thanks for dropping by dear :) Take care

      Delete

This post is incomplete without your comment. I Would Love to Hear what You Think ! ✿

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...